Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fussen, Germany

So this time there is no chocolate bar in sight as I write this, but rather a nice tall German beer that I got at the local market for about 60 cents! Welcome to Germany! It feels so nice to be back on the Euro currency and away from the CHF. I never thought I'd say that. Before I describe my adventures in Fussen today, I would like to point out that the Swiss people do not understand the word "Sale". I kid you not, every store has the word sale in it with slashes on tickets and discount signs everywhere. If they think 200 CHF for a shirt is on sale, then there understanding of the word sale is whack. A four letter word that is bound to lure any woman into a store, well not the case in Switzerland. These Swiss people would go haywire if they came to a good Macy's sale! HA!

Okay so after a 6hr train ride from Lucerne, Switzerland I made it to Fussen, Germany. A small town 2 hours outside of Munich. The evening was spent trying German food accompanied with a nice,cold refreshing local brewed German beer. Today I explored the local castles, Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. Fun fact: the disney castle was modeled after the Neuschwanstein castle (google it). Words can't even describe how amazing the detail and architect that was put into these buildings. I wish I could transport myself back in time to see how these people lived. Anyway, tomorrow its off to Munich. This beer girl is very excited to go to the Hofbrauhaus and drink up while taking in the German culture!

To everyone back home, have a safe and wonderful 4th of July! Definitely missing somethings about the states! 

No comments:

Post a Comment