Monday, July 11, 2011

A Dream Come True

4 flights. 5 weeks. 5 countries. 35 destinations/cities and more. 1 Eurailpass. Hundreds of train rides. One empty bank account. Thousands of pictures, laughs, smiles and memories that will last a life time.= PRICELESS

I am sitting here in the Paris airport with not a penny to my name, but a smile on my face that spreads from ear to ear. The last five weeks were a dream come true. A dream that I had to work very hard for. So many emotions are running through me right now. It is truly a bittersweet feeling! I wish I had endless funds that could leave me in countries and places I can only dream of, however, I am so blessed and fortunate to have seen the things I have seen and done during the past five weeks. Some people only dream of going out of the country. Some people only talk about going. But how many people actually go? I am filled with pride and accomplishment for making this trip happen! It is even more fulfilling knowing that I supported myself the entire way, minus a few very generous Marriott points from my Mom and Dad! I am not only thankful for the opportunity to experience all that I did, but also for a few people! Most importantly, my parents. Although they probably had trouble sleeping at night worrying about my safety, from day one they have encouraged me to take this trip. They helped push me out the door into places full of adventure! Also, my extremely supportive boyfriend, Casey. Even thousands of miles away, he always reminded me to make the most of my trip! It meant the world to me! And lastly, Ian. Although we probably wanted to kill each other at times, we worked as a team and navigated our way through unfamiliar countries and cities. I will forever cherish the memories!!!

As much as I hate to see this trip end, I am looking forward to being home with family,friends, and loved ones! I also look forward to where the next year will take me( hopefully employed! ha). But for now, I thank God for all that I have done and for all that I have. I feel very fortunate and blessed.

2 comments: